Take Action, Your Voice Matters.
We want to engage with a State that gives all Jews a voice. We envision a future in which community and a bond of Jewish peoplehood are key. This sense of peoplehood is dependent on our connection to Israel, and our goal is to ensure that diverse Jewish expression is not only welcomed but also valued in Israel. We recognize that without the State of Israel creating the opportunity for all people to express themselves in a way that is meaningful to them, there will be significant, long-term damage to the Israel-Diaspora relations leading to alienation, particularly among the younger generation, and a reduction of support of Israel.
Make your voice heard in the pursuit for religious pluralism in Israel.
- Contact the Israeli Consul General in New York and share with them your disappointment on issues important to you, including the Kotel agreement, conversion law, and freedom of choice in marriage, and ask the Consuls General to communicate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs how this impacts support for the State of Israel in the Diaspora. If you send an email, please cc: Shep Englander (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Consul General Dani Dayan
Consulate General of Israel in New York
- Send a letter to Prime Minister Netanyahu, emailed to Dani Wassner, Director of Government Relations, Jewish Federation of North America's (JFNA) Israel Office (Dani.Wassner@jewishfederations.org). Please cc: Shep Englander (email@example.com). JFNA will deliver the letters.
- Share your concerns with anyone you know who lives in Israel or has family there.
- Share your disappointment on the Government of Israel's decision to suspend the Kotel agreement reached with the Jewish Agency and all other parties to establish the Kotel as “ONE WALL FOR ONE PEOPLE.”
- Urge the Consuls General to communicate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and let them know how disastrous this new conversion legislation would be.
- Both government actions, if continued, would cause significant, long-term damage to Israel-Diaspora relations leading to alienation, particularly among the younger generation, and a reduction of the support of Israel.
- Share your concerns about the Government of Israel’s policies limiting the freedom of marriage and your desire to see alternative marriage options.