Women's Philanthropy is proud to partner with Jewish Family Service (JFS) to start the holiday season right by doing a mitzvah for our community: collecting and packaging all the items needed by clients of the Jewish Family Service Heldman Family Food Pantry, located at Jewish Family Service Barbash Family Vital Support Center in Clifton. JFS is one of several agencies that receives funding from the Jewish Federation each year. You will learn about the work of the Jewish Federation in our community as well as connect with new and old friends and work together to do good.
JFS will provide the turkeys for their clients. We do the rest! Please sign up to BRING ONE OR TWO of the following items needed to round out this important holiday meal.
There are FOUR ways to participate this year:
- Bring your items to Adath Israel Congregation on October 24 at 12 p.m. to drop them off
- Bring your items to the Food Pantry on October 31 at 10 a.m. to drop them off
- Coordinate with one of our event hosts to drop off your donation at a different time and date
- Volunteer to help package the items at the Food Pantry on October 31 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Due to COVID-19, participation is limited to 15 volunteers.
For those dropping off your items at Adath Israel Congregation on October 24:
You can drop off your donations on Sunday, October 24, between 12 and 1 p.m. at the portico in the back parking lot.
For those volunteering in-person on October 31:
We will be packaging bags outside in the courtyard located near the door to the pantry. We ask that you bring a mask in case you need to step inside the building, masks are required.
For those coordinating with an event host to drop off your items:
If you are unable to attend the project but would still like to donate supplies, please reach out to one of our event hosts who can help coordinate a drop off time before October 31.
- Jessica Kuresman, 513-479-4866
- Shari Schulhoff, 513-238-6213
- Emily Werbel, 513-505-0990
- Vallie Freeman, 303-596-5124
Please contact Jaynie Levinson with any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling/texting at 440-409-3790.