JCRC's Civic Engagement Arm
Lishma, in Hebrew meaning “For its own sake,” provides a powerful message to those striving to build community, strengthen relationships and drive positive social change. It is Lishma that allows us as Jews to awaken our minds and hearts to those who need a helping hand. L’Shem Cincinnati represents the connection that we as Cincinnati Jews have for the sake and well-being of our greater community.
To fulfill our mission, the JCRC strives to enhance Jewish security by recognizing that this depends on the existence of a just society for all. Our shared Jewish values and traditions teach us to embody a sense of moral and physical responsibility, to care for one another and to improve society at large. At the JCRC, we believe that together, we can be a catalyst for creating a more just and secure community where everyone can thrive. We hope that as your Cincinnati JCRC, we can help empower you in fulfilling your tikun olam and working to advance justice, interfaith and inter-community relations efforts throughout Cincinnati.
EDUCATE our community on various social and political issues
CONNECT with other faiths and communities to develop relationships and collaborate on issues of mutual concern
ENGAGE in advocacy on issues that embody Jewish values
- Safeguarding Democracy through Voter Education and Engagement
- Helping Create Safe and Healthy Communities by Reforming Criminal Justice Policy
- Supporting Cincinnati's Immigrant and Refugee Communities through Support Service Networks
- Advocating for Gun Safety and Reducing Violence through Coaliton Building
- Raising Awareness around Local Social and Political Issues
- Exploring Diverse Perspectives and Cultures though Interfaith and Intergroup Engagement
To get connected or involved, please contact Justin Kirschner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We acknowledge the myriad of social issues that exist today and want to ensure that you can engage on issues that matter to you. If our current opportunities don’t match with your passions for social justice and change, we strongly encourage you to reach out to us. We’ll do our best to connect you with the right place for you to make an impact!